Here are some things that won't change:
- Your parents are still your parents. They won't stop loving you, and you can keep on loving them.
- You are still you. You still go to school and have your friends, interests, and activities. You’re still the special and unique person you've always been!
- Your parents might seem different for a while.
- Your parents might begin to do different things, have new interests, see new friends, or dress differently. That’s their own response to change; they can't change who they really are.
- They might seem sad or distracted or cranky (or all of those things), but they’re still the same people they’ve always been.
- One great thing about spending time with only one parent at a time is that you can get to know them better.